FLASH NEWS :- DECLARATION OF INTENTION TO CONTEST FOR THE PRESIDENCY OF FEDERATION OF IJESA STUDENTS’ UNION (FISU

KitloadedTv
By -
0



Distinguished Ijesa students, respected leaders, fellow aspirants, and the great people of Ijesaland,


With profound humility, a deep sense of responsibility, and an unwavering commitment to purposeful leadership, I, Awosina Kehinde Johnson, popularly and politically known as DokTur Awo, hereby formally declare my intention to contest for the office of President of  Federation of Ijesa Students’ Union (FISU).


This declaration is not merely an announcement of ambition; it is a renewed commitment to service, a call to responsibility, and an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the growth, unity, and advancement of Ijesa students across our six local government areas.


MY ROOTS, MY IDENTITY, MY COMMITMENT


I hail from Okun Compound, Imesi-Ile, in Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State, and I am a student of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. I am a proud son of Ijesaland, nurtured by our rich cultural heritage, guided by our cherished values, and inspired by the resilience, dignity, and industrious spirit of our people.


My identity as an Ijesa son is more than a geographical connection; it is a responsibility to uphold our heritage, protect our collective interests, and contribute to the progress of our people wherever I find myself.


Over the years, my journey in student leadership has been shaped by one enduring principle: leadership is not about occupying a position; it is about accepting responsibility, delivering results, and leaving a positive legacy.


MY LEADERSHIP JOURNEY AND RECORD OF SERVICE


By the special grace of God, I have had the privilege of serving in various leadership capacities, through which I have gained valuable experience in student representation, administration, welfare, organisation, and grassroots mobilisation.


My leadership journey includes the following:


1. President, Obokun Students’ Union (OBSU) — 2025–2026.

2. President, Imesi-Ile National Students’ Union (INSU) — 2023–2025.

3. Honourable Member, FISU National Students’ Representative Council.

4. Chairman, Planning Committee, NAOSS Leadership Summit 2.0.

5. Chairman, Planning Committee, FISU National Week 2026.

6. National Electoral Secretary, FISU — 2024.

7. Director of Socials, FISU, OAU Chapter — 2024.

8. Member, NAOSS OAU Welfare Committee — 2024.

9. Member, OBSU Electoral Committee — 2024.

10. Block Representative, Fajuyi Hall of Residence, OAU — 2025.

11. Vice President, Diocese of Imesi-Ile Methodist Youth Fellowship.


Each of these positions has strengthened my understanding of leadership and deepened my conviction that effective representation requires accessibility, accountability, inclusiveness, strategic planning, and measurable results.


These experiences have prepared me for the responsibility ahead. They have taught me how to listen, how to build consensus, how to work with diverse interests, and how to transform collective aspirations into practical action.


I am not coming to FISU with promises alone; I am coming with experience, a record of service, and a determination to do more.


WHY I AM CONTESTING


The Federation of Ijesa Students’ Union is more than a student organisation. It is a platform for unity, advocacy, cultural preservation, leadership development, and the collective advancement of students across Ijesaland.


I believe our union deserves a leadership that listens to the students, represents their interests with courage, prioritises their welfare, and creates opportunities that extend beyond the university environment.


I envision a FISU that is more accessible to students across our six local government areas, more proactive in engaging relevant stakeholders, more intentional about student welfare, and more effective in connecting young people with opportunities for academic, professional, and personal development.


My aspiration is therefore not driven by the desire to bear the title of President, but by the determination to undertake the task that the office demands.


THE AWO AGENDA


My administration will be guided by THE AWO AGENDA, a practical framework built around three fundamental pillars:


A — ADVOCACY


I will promote effective representation of students’ interests and strengthen communication between FISU, educational institutions, government agencies, community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.


Our administration will pursue constructive engagement on issues affecting students, amplify their voices, and ensure that their concerns receive the attention they deserve.


W — WELFARE


Student welfare will remain a central priority of my administration. We will work towards improving access to academic support, scholarship information, educational opportunities, welfare assistance, and other relevant resources.


Through stronger engagement and improved information sharing, we will seek to ensure that students across Ijesaland are better informed, better represented, and better positioned to benefit from available opportunities.


O — OPPORTUNITY


I will champion initiatives that empower students beyond the classroom through leadership development, entrepreneurship, digital and vocational skills, career development, mentorship, and professional networking.


My vision is to build a federation that does not merely unite students but also equips them with the knowledge, connections, and opportunities required to thrive in an increasingly competitive world.


The AWO Agenda is a commitment to practical leadership: advocating for our interests, prioritising our welfare, and expanding our opportunities.


MY WORD: EXPERIENCE, NOT EXPERIMENT


One thing I stand firmly upon is this: I have served before, I have learned from experience, and I am prepared to serve again.


My previous leadership positions have given me the opportunity to understand the challenges of student administration and the importance of translating intentions into action. I recognise that no leader succeeds alone; meaningful progress comes through teamwork, consultation, accountability, and the collective determination to achieve a common goal.


I therefore approach this contest with humility, confidence, and a clear understanding of the responsibility involved.


I am not seeking the presidency merely to add another title to my name. I am seeking it to build on my experience, strengthen our union, advance the interests of Ijesa students, and contribute to a legacy of purposeful and inclusive leadership.


My guiding conviction remains simple:


“Not leadership for the title, but leadership for the task.”


A CALL TO ACTION


To every Ijesa student across our six local government areas, to our respected student leaders, to our former union executives, and to all stakeholders who believe in the promise of a stronger and more united FISU, I invite you to join me on this journey.


Let us build a federation where every student matters, every voice counts, welfare receives attention, opportunities are accessible, and our cultural heritage remains a source of pride and unity.


I humbly seek your support, your endorsement, your prayers, and your partnership as we work towards a more responsive, progressive, and result-oriented Federation of Ijesa Students’ Union.


Elect DokTur Awo. Support the AWO Agenda. Let us build a FISU that works for every Ijesa student.


Together, we can make our union stronger, our representation more effective, and our collective future brighter.


With faith in God, confidence in our collective strength, and an unwavering commitment to service, I hereby formally declare my intention to contest for the office of President, Federation of Ijesa Students’ Union (FISU).


PRESIDING WITH PURPOSE, PROGRESSING WITH PRECISION.


God bless FISU.

God bless Ijesaland.



Yours in Service, 


AWOSINA KEHINDE JOHNSON (DokTur Awo)

Presidential Aspirant, Federation of Ijesa Students' Union.

Tags:

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)